Brian Holmes on Thu, 1 Jun 2017 08:57:12 +0200 (CEST)

Re: <nettime> merkel, macron: europe on its own

Morlock, you have such a charming and discreet way of putting things.

I think you missed the bit in Alex's post about Germany going
forward with its China trade? That's 200+ nukes and a space program
in favor of a perfectly complementary high-tech/high-production
partnership between two state-capitalist giants united by a land
bridge. They already built the tracks and caught the train for the
next history-changing economic expansion, while the US lurks in the
bathroom contemplating resentment and Russia follows its chosen path
to stifling authoritarianism on the verge of social death.

Watch the Eurasian megamachine plug in its new 21st-century energy grid
while the two nuclear-tipped superstates sink into the reeking petroleum
fumes of insignificance!