jamie king on Fri, 24 Feb 2017 17:47:10 +0100 (CET)

Re: <nettime> Armin Medosch (1962-2017)

Very sad to learn about this. I wrote for Armin (Telepolis paid well
and was a boon; Armin was very encouraging), edited Armin and shared
desk space with him (Mute Magazine - 'Armin is here!'), clocked
on with Armin (at Ravensbourne College's truly zany MA in Digital
Theory), partied with Armin at numerous East London squats and dives,
cadged Armin's cigarettes, and finally more-or-less lost touch with
Armin, as London no longer became tenable for either of us. (Also:
complained with Armin, across the years, about all reality's failures
to conform with our expectations!)

I think the last time I saw Armin was at Shared Digital Futures in
Vienna a couple of years back. Truth is I don't remember perfectly
- you don't get the opportunity to mark that last time and say:
'Remember this. Make it count.'

This seems the right place, full of Armin's friends, to say how dearly
I miss him now, and wish that last lost moment would come clear.

xj