Geert Lovink on Fri, 24 Feb 2017 14:55:21 +0100 (CET)

Re: <nettime> Armin Medosch (1962-2017)

How sad. Not that long after tactical media comrade Nathalie Magnan
passed away.

Armin was very much of my generation, post-punk, squatters DIY
activism that presented itself so self-evidently as an art form.
Armin was a hussler, an organiser, a dreamer that always proposed,
critcized, questioned, complained, connected--and acted.

I have known and worked with him in his Stubnitz years, then Telepolis
(where he enabled me to write), I visited him in this London years
when his PhD there and then Vienna where he worked on radio and the
Croatian art book, in which he put an enormous effort, together with
the http://www.thenextlayer.org/ website.

Armin was aware of the importance of history, and writing one’s
history. And this is now up to us. Efforts are under way. At least it
is good to know that he was aware of this.

Adios, Armin, we keep on kickin’ Best from
VideoVortex XI in Kochi/Kerala, Geert