Joseph Rabie on Mon, 23 Jan 2017 17:14:07 +0100 (CET)

Re: <nettime> The Trump Speech

> Le 22 janv. 2017 à 21:35, Michael Gurstein <gurstein@gmail.com> a écrit :
>
> There has been, in other contexts, an on-going discussion as to
> whether Trump's evident rejection of the post-war neo-liberal order
> is sufficient reason to applaud his victory

This is something that I am quite incapable of grasping. Trump rejecting post-war neo-liberal order? The man is the epitome of it. His Trump Towers business is global, as are the people he has appointed to office coming from the financial establishment.

That he got into power saying the opposite and getting people to vote against their own better interests is a trick as old as democracy.

By the way, if Apple sells "made in America" iPhones to the rest of the world, over Finland's and Nokia's dead body, Trump will applaud. Free Brexit England is already on the way to becoming a 51st dependency.

Joe.