Keith Sanborn on Fri, 11 Nov 2016 11:20:12 +0100 (CET)

Re: <nettime> What is the meaning of Trump's victory?

A lot of theorectical speculation. One of my female students had this experience, the day after Trump was elected. She was walking down the street around 14th street, on the West side in New York. A man approached her and said: “Now I can grab your pussy any time I want.” She is afraid to go outside. This isn’t the friend, or the friend of a friend, or an ubran myth, but from the mouth of the person who experienced it first hand.

This isn’t some cracker in rural Arkansas, but a cracker in New York City. He may have lost the state, but he has lots of sympathizers and opportunists even in New York City. The assaults on Muslims that followed Trump’s “election” are already well documented. There will be many more. This is an uprising on the very far white right. The angry white young men with no future, just like their parents, betrayed by neo-liberalism. They are making the future for all of us. This is thuggery and Mussolinian fascism.

There are very dark days ahead in the wake of the Trump victory.

The best lack all conviction, while the worst are full of passionate intensity.

It IS worse than you are making it out to be.

Keith Sanborn