Donatella Della Ratta on Wed, 2 Nov 2016 13:51:51 +0100 (CET)

<nettime> Syria, Rojava, and a geek in an anarchist book fair

Hi nettimers

I'm curios to share this article with you. Being focused on Syria,
I read everyday this kind of (trite) stuff revolving around alleged
nationalism (Syrian? Kurdish? Kurdish-Syrian?), alleged fascism, the
left supporting Assad, Assad supporting anti-imperialism, and the
likes...

but this time there is a novel, unexpected element and this is why I
am posting this to your attention: the protagonist of this article is
a geek well known to this crowd, Amir Taaki

so I'm eager to know your thoughts on this

it's the first time, to my little knowledge, that I see a tech guy
like him being involved in controversies between the Kurds, the
Arabs..and in the framework of an anarchist book fair

sounds surreal but surrealism is the daily bread of all who deal with
syria these days

enjoy the reading

https://pulsemedia.org/2016/10/30/anarchists-in-agrabah-how-faux-revolutionaries-tried-to-silence-actual-revolutionaries-at-the-london-book-fair/