Patrice Riemens on Wed, 3 Aug 2016 14:14:11 +0200 (CEST)

Re: <nettime> Statement from the TOR Foundation

On 2016-07-29 18:10, Morlock Elloi wrote:
> One fact confirmed: there were allegations. Zero facts as to if they
> are true. Bullshit HR investigation of the criminal matter. No legal
> action. This stinks to high heaven.
>
> On 7/29/16, 2:38, nettime's sub-committee wrote:
>
>> Statement
>> Posted July 27th, 2016 by ssteele
>> https://blog.torproject.org/blog/statement-0

This whole 'Jakegate' affair is getting more shameful by the day -
on the side of those institutions/organizations which used to hype
him into high heavens, before letting him fall like a brick (Dutch
loc.). My guess is that they are just a bit to conscious of their
responsibility in making Jacob Appelbaum into the badman they accuse
him of being. But as a friend of mine used to phrase it "we admit all
responsibility but will accept none of the consequences" ...

Meanwhile I have it from what are arguably good sources that 'Jake' is
doing more or less OK, given the/his circumstances.

Doewie, p+2D!