Morlock Elloi on Wed, 20 Jul 2016 18:40:11 +0200 (CEST)

Re: <nettime> Fwd: Re: Forms of decisionism

Maybe I'm making mistake assuming that "theory" here means normative/scientific theory, something that strives to provide predictions in sustainable and repeatable fashion. Theories that predict past are useless, and what someone feels the future should be and steps to achieve that is, in my mind, ideology and not a theory.

There is a big difference: a theory can be wrong, ideology cannot. The prevailing slippery allusions to the scientific meaning of theory seem intentional.