Alex Foti on Mon, 27 Jun 2016 09:47:12 +0200 (CEST)

Re: <nettime> England leaves Europe

as they used to say in harlem: WORD

the European Continental Republic needs to happen fast and was greatly
inspired by Ulrike Guérot's political call -
http://www.euronomade.info/?p=6759)
if we want to make it a viable project we should start federating existing
paneuropean movements (blockupy, diem25, d1920, noborder networks etc)
toward a European Continental Movment (or smthg like that;)

on a more realistic note, i think the only chance to save the EU from the
abyss (Soros has already predicted its dissolution) is to turn the eurozone
into a federal, regional, metropolitan state.

best for the week ahead,

lx

On Sun, Jun 26, 2016 at 8:00 PM, Felix Stalder <felix@openflows.com> wrote:

> On 2016-06-25 22:38, Brian Holmes wrote:
> > What's really crucial - and maybe this is what you're getting at,
> > Michael - is how do younger people analyze this disastrous situation? Do
> > they fall back on the capitalist reflex embodied by Hillary Clinton that
> > says, push through the recession to another growth wave that will solve
> > all the problems? Or do they create a genuine response to the current
> > situation?
> >
> > I'm over fifty, so I would rather put it this way: Can we cut across all
> > the identity divides, interest groups and zip-code blocks to constitute
> > a majority around a viable logic of development? The answer so far is
> > clearly no. But it's really the only thing worth working on.
>

> Besides all the bad things that come to mind with Brexit there might
> be an opening to a real rethinking of Europe as political projects now
> that the ideal of a European Super-state, an ever closer union, is
> fading. Good riddance, as far as I can see.

<...>