Morlock Elloi on Thu, 16 Jun 2016 02:36:35 +0200 (CEST)

Re: <nettime> Renewed Tyranny of Structurelessness

The simple question is: do privacy tools need to have rapist-free origin?

If the answer is positive, and the kosher tool origin is in (for the politically correct change of the world, unmarred by questionable characters), then we will not have non-corporate suppliers of privacy tools. See how far this goes.

It is rather trivial to attach popular labels to the involved and eliminate them from the process. For the frugal-minded adversaries, this is probably the cheapest way to undermine such tool development (and we live in times when everyone must be frugal.)

It's not about strong crypto any more. Now it's about green crypto. Fuck that.