morlockelloi on Sat, 11 Jun 2016 23:26:17 +0200 (CEST)

Re: <nettime> The 'Jake' Appelbaum case, or the rise and fall of

The point is that it does take place, and that it places severe
constraints on the organization that suffers from it. Whether the
celeb-status is sought as a reward or loathed does not make any
difference. Celeb-status creates a vulnerable focus point for the
organization.

In today's technical and political circumstances, it's amazing that
makers of anonymity and security systems still group in identifiable
organizations with obvious 'leaders'. There are existing technologies
that can provide collaborative publishing of Tor.

It is becoming obvious (from the recent Fear and Loathing in Tor
Community threads) that knowing someone personally ('trust') means jack
shit.

"It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the
credit." - H. Truman