Jaromil on Mon, 23 May 2016 15:52:34 +0200 (CEST)

Re: <nettime> artfcity: Turbulence.org Going Offline

On May 17, 2016 7:42:11 PM GMT+02:00, nettime's_wandering_archivist <nettime@kein.org> wrote:
><
>http://artfcity.com/2016/05/10/net-art-archive-turbulence-org-going-offline-raising-preservation-concerns/
> >

>Net Art Archive Turbulence.org Going Offline, Raising Preservation
>Concerns

terrible news, having lived through similar
times they have all my solidarity.

but then why not simply release the archive
in a torrent file? nowadays curatorial activities
take place also within private trackers and there
more people are keen to even payfor it.

sure, it underground. sure, artists get nothing
but visibility, as usual shared with curatora
and aggregation platforms. but then at least
it seems that visits are more while marginal costs
are way lower.

a bit of a provokation, pardon the cynical approach
you really have my solidarity and I know how it feels,
I only wish we could keep it afloat yet it
seems there is no plan to "let go".

maybe there is a plan after all?

ciao