David Garcia on Fri, 29 Apr 2016 19:47:23 +0200 (CEST)

Re: <nettime> Paper Tiger programs: Media History for FREE!

       From: [1]deedeehalleck@gmail.com

       There is an old saying: April is the cruelest month.
       Certainly for me this past month has been especially cruel.
       I have been working to help clear the two offices (Paper Tiger and Deep
       Dish) that have been an important workplace for me for 30 years.

   Dear Deedee,

   this is indeed cruel and sad news..

   I hope you realise (I am sure you do) just how much the work
   of Paper Tiger as a collective and as a network of consistent moral
   purpose, integrity and self efacing talent, has meant to so many of us
   outside of the US.

   In its early years when so called "video art" was making its bid
   for commodified museum status, Paper Tiger forged a path
   by taking advantage of the unique North American cable
   infrastructure and public access rights in order to make many
   years of ground breaking activist television with a purposeful DIY
   aesthetic that set the agenda for many of us.

   I hope others on the list will join me in saluting you as well as
   roaring our gratitude to you and all those who have worked on Paper
   Tiger and forged a legacy that is still alive and kicking.

   love

   David