sebastian on Tue, 12 Jan 2016 19:06:42 +0100 (CET)

Re: <nettime> aaaaarg lawsuit digest

Just to add that Sean and Marcell are being sued

- not by a company, but by an individual,

- not by an author, but by a translator, and

- not by someone classically "creative", but by a person whose work
  mostly consists in exploiting the differential between French and
  Canadian copyright law by publishing new English translations of
  French books that are still under copyright in France, but just out
  of copyright in Canada, in the hope that they sell in the U.S.,
  preferrably before TTP puts him out of business

... since it confirms once again what I think is the single most
important (if not the only) lesson I've learned running textz.com,
Pirate Cinema or 0xDB: You're probably worrying too much about the
big corporations that actually own IP, and almost certainly not
enough about the small authors that hallucinate IP.

Once more: http://textz.com/txt/Franz_Kafka_-_Intellectual_Property.txt

Love, S.