Newmedia on Tue, 10 Nov 2015 16:07:23 +0100 (CET)

Re: <nettime> choose-your-own adventure: a brief history of nettime

Dear Nettimers:

"McLuhanite technological determinism" . . . !!

As maybe the only person from the Wall Street "wing" of the technology
industry (with at least one confirmed *weird* "assignment" from the CIA) to
ever  participate in nettime -- starting with that late-night phone-call from
Diana  asking me to "keynote" MetaForum III (in Oct 1996), guessing that I
was the "anti-Barlow" --  I resemble that remark.

Perhaps some of my friends on the list would be interested to hear  that
I've started a strategic research Center, partnering with a retired  Naval
intelligence officer and many others, to consider how *digital*  technology
changes civilizations -- starting with China (which I first  visited shortly
after going to Budapest).

_www.digitallife.center_ (http://www.digitallife.center/)

Thanks for *all* of your help along the way, I really couldn't have done it
 without you . . . <g>

Mark Stahlman
Jersey City Heights