mp on Sun, 18 Oct 2015 17:36:54 +0200 (CEST)

Re: <nettime> McKenzie Wark: Birth of Thanaticism

On 17/10/15 21:42, Lorenzo Tripodi wrote:

> Great piece. Agree with most of the content.
> Still I am not convinced of the term thanaticism - despite the nice assonance with Thatcherism.
>
> Forces of capital are all but aiming at death.
> They want to live.
> ???They live???

..... it is (most likely) meant as a reference to "the others" that
capital kills. You know, like trees dying from acid rain, bees from
pesticidal showers and so on.

At any rate, that's how others tended to use the term in the past
(before this unreferenced plagiat).

/m

PS: Don't animate the forces of capital - that was surely one of the
messages in that piece? - let them wallow in their deathness.