nettime's_risk_manager on Thu, 15 Oct 2015 19:13:43 +0200 (CEST)

<nettime> [RISKS] Risks Digest 29.03 [excerpted]

     [excerpted @ nettime -- mod (tb)]

     RISKS-LIST: Risks-Forum Digest  Wednesday 14 October 2015  Volume 29 : Issue 03

     ACM FORUM ON RISKS TO THE PUBLIC IN COMPUTERS AND RELATED SYSTEMS (comp.risks)
     Peter G. Neumann, moderator, chmn ACM Committee on Computers and Public Policy

     ***** See last item for further information, disclaimers, caveats, etc.  *****
     This issue is archived at <http://www.risks.org> as
     <http://catless.ncl.ac.uk/Risks/29.03.html>
     The current issue can be found at
     <http://www.csl.sri.com/users/risko/risks.txt>

     Contents:

     Voting Machines and the VW Emission Controversy
          (Rebecca Mercuri)
     DMCA/TPP: How Do You Cross-Examine Proprietary Software?
          (Rebecca Wexler via Henry Baker)
     Unintentional cheating by compilers
          (Robert Wilson)
     Cyber Insecurity at Civil Nuclear Facilities
          (Henry Baker)
     Buying a new laptop causes a massive increase in Chevy truck cellular data usage
          (Steve Golson)
     Undercover New Hampshire police nab cellphone ban violators
          (Monty Solomon)
     Re: EPA v VW cheatware, AI & "machine learning"
          (Amos Shapir)
     Re: Your MRI machine has already been pwned
          (Kevin Fu)
     Abridged info on RISKS
          (comp.risks)

     <...>