Heiko Recktenwald on Tue, 25 Aug 2015 03:00:51 +0200 (CEST)

Re: <nettime> Germans begin the looting of Greece

Am 24/08/15 um 09:37 schrieb Heiko Recktenwald:

> Am 23/08/15 um 21:52 schrieb nettime's avid reader:
>
> <<
> The war is over; let the occupation begin.
>
> My friend from the Mojave-desert, a Greek Turk from a jewish family,
> expelled from Turkey to San Francisco in the 1920s, painted anyther
> picture last week in Berlin.

And we also spoke about the Ukraine und the Krim. The Ukraine is also
where most of the Jews in Germany today come from. I read Isaak Babel
when I met some friend from the AJC some other day.

I have my theory of possession of Savigny fame. Was there any
possibility for the Ukraine to think it could now give the Crimean
peninsula to NATO without any problem when Jelzin gave it its
"independence"? Obviously not. And he was of the opinion that Erdogan
would have invaded the Ukraine up to Kiew included and that Putin is a
lame duck.

That is not so wrong IMHO if you look into history books and the idea of
one Ukraine with happy Ukrainians seems to be as realistic as it was in
former YU. In his opinion most Ukrainians are Russians.
But there is not much civil war as well.

There is civil war in Beyrut in the Lebanon on junk. There are also
protests against junk-tourism from Naples to Bonn, the junk problems in
Beyrut and Naples are just bigger.

H.

> The poor Greeks suffer in a completely different way.A Grexit would have
> saved Greece and nothing else. The majority of Greeks was for the Grexit.
>
> But the minority said: "Then you have civil war".
 <...>