Alessandro Delfanti on Fri, 14 Aug 2015 16:21:54 +0200 (CEST)

Re: <nettime> The Gentrification of Hacking: How yuppies hacked the

Well, we are most certainly not sympathetic with processes of co-option
that transform oppositional cultures and integrate them into
capitalism's evolution

The word "Recuperation" has been used to describe such processes--we may
decide we want to use a better term but I believe the core issue is
there to be discussed

Ciao!

> On Tue, 11 Aug 2015, Brian Holmes wrote:
>
>> But I would like off this treadmill. It's really unbearable. There has
>> to be a better way.
>
> Well, I don't think Alessandro and Jonas are defining our problem when
> switching from gentrification to recuperation. The former is already an
> edulcorated term, the latter is shedding a good light on capitalism's
> influence, almost suggesting that people out of its reach need to be
> treated. I admit not having read the draft however.
 <...>