Krystian Woznicki on Tue, 4 Aug 2015 14:32:59 +0200 (CEST)

<nettime> Threat to the Freedom of the Press in Europe | The Case of Netzpolitik

Dear nettimers,

the German government accuses the independent
news website Netzpolitik.org of treason over leaks.

It is a great threat to the Freedom of the Press in Europe,
therefore we need to speak out. Below I am forwarding
the *open letter* issued by *Jacob Appelbaum* and *Marie Gutbub*
*soliciting solidarity*. Please join and spread the word.

Here two articles from the Guardian if you have not heard
about the case of Netzpolitik yet:

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/jul/31/german-government-accuses-news-website-of-treason-over-leaks

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/jul/31/germany-halts-treason-inquiry-journalists-surveillance-protests

Kind regards,