Ana Viseu on Thu, 2 Apr 2015 13:25:07 +0200 (CEST)

Re: <nettime> nottime: the end of nettime

Hello Ted (long time no see!), Hello Felix,

I'd like to add my voice to this discussion. I have subscribed to
Nettime (on and off) for many years and I still enjoy its alternative
edge. Yes, you are right, many topics are not covered, and many
audiences are invisible (although I do count as a female subscriber),
but was it ever different? I don't recall Nettime ever being truly
generalist or diverse in its postings. I do remember a time when
Nettime was more lively, but to be honest, the low traffic is one
of the things I enjoy about it (and one of the reasons I actually
read what comes through it). In some ways you seem to be saying that
Nettime no longer fulfills the expectations you set for it, which
is not only valid but also perfectly reasonable and fair especially
since you are its main, longtime caregivers. If that is the case then,
congratulations on your wonderful work and thanks for the things
you've helped us accomplish.

Best. Ana

Ana Viseu, Ph.D.
Marie Curie Fellow