DaniÃl de Zeeuw on Fri, 27 Mar 2015 16:28:32 +0100 (CET)

<nettime> Krisis *Call for papers* Perspectives for the New University

   The occupation and appropriation of university buildings in Amsterdam
   and the protests of students and staff there and at other universities
   in the Netherlands triggered a wide-ranging debate about the future of
   higher education and research. Krisis, journal for contemporary
   philosophy (www.krisis.eu) aims at bringing together challenging
   perspectives from, on and for what during the protests has been coined
   the ânew universityâ. We invite contributions and short essays (max.
   3000 words) that reflect on what is happening, how to move forward and
   envision alternative educational institutes. We specifically also
   invite contributions by students and non-academics for this
   interdisciplinary publication aimed at supporting debates on the future
   of knowledge institutions.

   Krisis is also looking for artistic and visual contribution that
   envision the new university.

   The special issue will initially appear open-access in pdf-format and,
   possibly, in print at a later stage.

   Deadline: April 15.
   Please send ideas, contributions, questions etc. to:
   university@krisis.eu