Michel Bauwens on Sat, 27 Dec 2014 16:51:02 +0100 (CET)

<nettime> Future Scenarios for a Collaborative Economy

   Hi everyone,
   I would like to announce the publication of a 100-pages long book
   authored  by Vasilis Kostakis and myself, which came out with
   Palgrave
    Macmillan books.
   Â It is titled "Network Society and Future Scenarios for
   a Collaborative
   Â Economy".
   see [1]http://tinyurl.com/ptvhg9b
   Should you want to read the ebook, you may contact me with a private
   Â email.
   here is some additional info:

   The aim of this book is not to provide yet another critique of
   capitalism but rather to contribute to the ongoing dialogue for
   post-capitalist construction, and to discuss how another world could be
   possible. We build on the idea that peer-to-peer infrastructures are
   gradually becoming the general conditions of work, economy, and
   society, considering peer production as a social advancement within
   capitalism but with various post-capitalistic aspects in need of
   protection, enforcement, stimulation and connection with progressive
   social movements. Using a four-scenario approach, we attempt to
   simplify possible outcomes and to explore relevant trajectories of the
   current techno-economic paradigm within and beyond capitalism. The
   first part of the book begins with an introduction (chapters 1 and 2)
   of the techno-economic paradigm shifts theory, which sees capitalism as
   a creative destruction process. Such a dynamic, innovation-based
   understanding of economic and societal development arguably allows for
   an integral bird's-eye-view of future scenarios (chapter 3) within and
   beyond the dominant system. Sharing the conviction that the globalized
   economy is at a critical turning point, we describe the four future
   scenarios; namely, netarchical capitalism, distributed capitalism,
   resilient communities and global Commons. Netarchical and distributed
   capitalism (chapters 4 and 5) are parts of the wider value mode of
   cognitive capitalism and form, what we call âthe mixed model of
   neo-feudal cognitive capitalismâ (chapter 6). On the other hand, the
   resilient communities (chapter 7) and the global Commons (chapter 8)
   reside in the hypothetical model of mature peer production under civic
   dominance. We postulate that the mature peer production communities
   pose a sustainable alternative to capital accumulation, that of the
   circulation of the Commons. Hence, we make some tentative transition
   proposals towards a Commons-based economy and society for the state,
   the market and the civic domain (chapter 9). Finally, we conclude with
   remarks and suggestions for future actions.

[[2]edit]Contents

   [3]PART ONE: THEORETICAL FRAMEWORK

   1. Capitalism as a creative destruction system

   2. Beyond the end of history: Three competing value models

   3. The P2P infrastructures: Two axes and four quadrants

   [4]PART TWO: COGNITIVE CAPITALISM

   4. Netarchical capitalism

   5. Distributed capitalism

   6. The social dynamics of the mixed model of neo-feudal cognitive
   capitalism

   [5]PART THREE: THE HYPOTHETICAL MODEL OF MATURE PEER PRODUCTION:
   TOWARDS A COMMONS-ORIENTED ECONOMY AND SOCIETY

   7. Resilient communities

   8. Global Commons

   9. Transition proposals towards a Commons-oriented economy and society

   [6]CONCLUSIONS
   --
   Check out the Commons Transition Plan here
   at:Â [7]http://en.wiki.floksociety.org/w/Research_PlanÂ;
   #82 on the (En)Rich list: [12]http://enrichlist.org/the-complete-list/