Geert Lovink on Wed, 19 Nov 2014 20:10:57 +0100 (CET)

<nettime> what's google minus search?

(This somewhat ironical site could be combined with the move of Eric Schmidt and others to US take over foreign policy and the less-known dependence, in financial terms, of search --a sign of its overall weakness? Why is Google failing to diversify in a sustainable way? It is easy to blame the failure of Google Glass on the glass haters. I am not one of them but I have to say that having met few Google glassholes I can easily understand how encounters with them easily got out of control and this, for me, explained the tactical withdrawl out of this market. The arrogance of the fellow glass evangelists was simply unbearable, and in the end unacceptable and counter-productive. Will the Google car follow a similar faith? Geert).

http://didgoogleshutdown.com/

Did Google Shutdown ___________ Yet?

The Google product and service buyer's guide. Don't buy before they die!

Google's theory is that creating as many apps as possible, and alloiwng them to fail fast and painlessly will eventually give them another hit app. But this ignores the needs of users.

Here we crunch the numbers on Google's philosphy of rapid failure. How likely is it the next Google product will succeed?