Jeremie Zimmermann on Tue, 13 May 2014 01:39:25 +0200 (CEST)

Re: <nettime> tensions within the bay area elites

Oh yeah... It's probably just a persons problem.. probably related to
ego and such...

What could be wrong with the not-do-evil Google?

- - the fact that they bent to entertainment industry and were the first
to accept privatized, automated policing/sanctioning scheme on their
platforms, thus opening the door to industry requesting private
censorship everywhere?

- - their acceptance of paid-peering deals with major telcos operators,
opening the door to these priority deals breaching Net neutrality?

- - real name policy and repeated attacks of E.Schmidt against anonymity
(so ironical when you know how secretive is the guy and the
decision-making process at the top of G)?

- - change of their licence to explictly merge all data into a single
profile (which they said a few years before they would never do?)

- - the fact that they became a US military contractant by acquiring
killer robots with Boston Dynamics?

- - their cooperation with the State department?

- - their transformation of users into proprietary drones through the
use of locked-down implants (glasses)?

- - Their investments in strategic portfolios in the domains of biotech
and transportation?

- - Their active cooperation with PRISM and other programs of the NSA?

No really, I don't see why Google bypassing the fundamental right to a
fair trial, implementing automated private censorship, attacking
anonymity, participating in massive breaches of privacy, leading the
trend of anti-net neutrality deals, turning users into drones, and
expanding to strategic fields while acquiring killer robots would be a
problem to anyone.....

- --
- ---
- --- Jérémie Zimmermann --- +33 (0)615 940 675 --- twitter: @jerezim ---