Robert W. Gehl on Mon, 27 Jan 2014 22:26:08 +0100 (CET)

<nettime> Infopolitics by Colin Koopman

Colin Koopman (a philosopher at the U of Oregon) has an excellent piece
in the NY Times on "infopolitics."

http://opinionator.blogs.nytimes.com/2014/01/26/the-age-of-infopolitics/?_php=true&_type=blogs&_r=0

"We like to think of ourselves as somehow apart from all this
information. We are real --- the information is merely /about/ us. But
what is it that is real? What would be left of you if someone took away
all your numbers, cards, accounts, dossiers and other informational
prostheses? Information is not just /about/ you --- it also /constitutes
/who you are."

- Rob Gehl