Nick on Sat, 14 Dec 2013 17:12:47 +0100 (CET)

<nettime> Snowden and the Future talks by Eben Moglen

Hi Nettimers,

I just listened to Eben Moglen's recent talks, "Snowden and the
Future". They're fantastic; I can't recommend them highly enough.
Recordings are available in several good audio and video formats.

http://snowdenandthefuture.info/

==== From the About page ====

Please join the Software Freedom Law Center and Columbia Law School
for a series of talks by Eben Moglen that will address the following
questions:

- What has Edward Snowden done to change the course of human
  history?
- How does the evolution of surveillance since World War II threaten
  democracy?
- What does it mean that information can be both so powerful and so
  easily spread? In a network embracing all of humanity, how does
  democracy survive our desire for security?