olia lialina on Mon, 25 Nov 2013 12:15:41 +0100 (CET)

<nettime> Hyves: the Money

Dear nettimers, especially Dutch ones

Hyves.nl is closing on Friday

There are still some hours left to grab your stuff!

You could also help Archive team by running"the warrior"
http://tracker.archiveteam.org/hyves/

I was not an active Hyves user. So after getting a note that the service was to be closed on the 29th of November 2013 and there was one week to download the files, I personally didn't have a lot to worry about. But I looked around and carried out what I could.

http://contemporary-home-computing.org/hyves/money/

With this money we can build a social network that will never be sold to Yahoo, will not become a gaming portal and will allow animated GIFs in the backgrounds of user profiles!

Why Hyves matters? This is what I wrote 2 years ago about it as one of the last "Pimp my Profile" networks

http://contemporary-home-computing.org/still-there/hyves.html

best

olia