Rob Myers on Thu, 13 Jun 2013 20:23:33 +0200 (CEST)

Re: <nettime> dark days

On 13/06/13 02:42, Ian Milliss wrote:

Why is that so sad, not about cleverness, surely it is just that some
people have been realistic from early on. Since the 90s I've certainly
assumed Microsoft was in the collaboration and spying business  and so
did various European governments, I seem to remember a lot of discussion
about only using open source software in government rather than Windows
etc.

Oh yes, assuming the worst and actually doing something about it is good. I'm talking about a kind of smug quiescence.