hiya me on Fri, 31 May 2013 12:05:00 +0200 (CEST)

Re: <nettime> Driverless cars, pilotless planes -- will there be jobs left fo...

For an interesting example of this burgeoning class consciousness:

http://michaelochurch.wordpress.com/2013/04/03/gervais-macleod-21-why-does-work-suck/

This is an engineering-mind counterpoint to Lainer's
<ideological-neutral-term>. Mr. Church is nothing if not prolific. I do
recommend following from 21 on (not just in this series but all of his blog
posts) as far as you can to witness the evolution of his particular thought
in this arena.

To add just one more point of anecdata, among my circle of engineers this
idea can now be referred to via the phrase "we are the wedge." That's
basically short hand for: we get the general intellect/convexity/your
ideology here thing, I'm still integrating that into my techno-utopianism.

So far if that's followed by an (uneasy?) laugh I usually shut up and
reflect on Mark Fisher's Capitalist Realism. Are you haunting these parts,
Mr. Fisher? If so, tag you're it.

On Wed, May 29, 2013 at 12:09 PM, Brian Holmes <bhcontinentaldrift@gmail.com
> wrote:

> On 05/27/2013 07:19 AM, Newmedia@aol.com wrote:
>
> > Sorry if I missed this in your earlier writing!  What you are promoting
> > is *not* the "working class" (production) or the "managerial class"
> > (neoliberals) but rather the "intellectual class" -- your CLASS . . . !!
>
> Mark, you got it! That's exactly the point!

<...>