olivier auber on Tue, 9 Apr 2013 07:13:29 +0200 (CEST)

Re: <nettime> Bitcoin, the end of the Taboo on Money

Waiting for the fail of Bitcoin : OpenUDC

OpenUDC aims to define a set of open protocols and standards to
exchange new currencies, and to provide a free software implementation
of them.

UDC means Universal Digital Currencies or Universal Dividend
Currencies. Both definitions are fair since a currency in line with
the Universal Declaration of Human Rights HAVE TO apply the Universal
Dividend.

The OpenUDC project has a theoretical reference to the Th=E9orie
Relative de la Monnaie (TRM) which can be read to understand why
OpenUDC uses Universal Dividend Money System.

The Universal Monetary Dividend as defined in the TRM is more precise
than the Basic income as it specifies where the money comes from, how
it is created, and why so. But the TRM is not a technical description
of how such a money system can be developed concretely, and so the
choices of OpenUDC technical tools are totally independent of the TRM.

OpenUDC implementations allow human members to exchange in a spirit of
equity, digital goods and services in space, between members, and
time, between members and future members.

http://www.openudc.org/index.php?pages/About

Olivier Auber