Patrice Riemens on Sat, 30 Mar 2013 04:26:51 +0100 (CET)

Re: <nettime> Technological Construction of Society

Mark, Brian, et les autres,

Errrr... well, when I was with the PCF, the French Communist Party (NOT!
;-) they had a fine concept (or was it a notion?) that cut thru all these
damned complexities. It was called a 'structure a dominance', meaning
there were many different causes, yet one, or a discernable bundle of 'm,
was assigned superior explanatory power. Oeuf corse, all depended on the
current party line, but hey, presto, one didn't have to go thru all that
mess...

Happy Easter from Basel, patrizio & Diiiinooos!

> Brian:
>
>> Mark, the simple answer to your question
>> is that causality is bunk.  Every human event
>> is the singular outcome of a confluence of multiple
>>  substances, forces and possibilities.
>
> Thanks!  Now we are getting somewhere -- but where?
 <...>