Keith Sanborn on Mon, 27 Aug 2012 19:56:53 +0200 (CEST)

Re: <nettime> crowd-funding on nettime

I would prefer not to have them on Nettime. I believe they abuse the function of the list, which has been a reasonably civil exchange of ideas, insights, intuitions, fads and nonsense. Solicitations for funding shd go elsewhere; they are attempts to persuade people to part with their money. I frankly consider them unwanted spam, however worthy their intentions or projects or participants otherwise might be.

My 2 cents.

Keith Sanborn

On Aug 27, 2012, at 7:21 AM, nettime's_mod_squad <nettime@kein.org> wrote:

> Hi, Nettimers --
>
> It should come as no surprises that over the last few years, a growing
> number of people have sent crowd-funding announcements to this list.
> It hasn't been a steady rise, and the frequency is hardly significant
> -- one every few months at most. But, amidst a global trend of funding
> cuts in arts and culture settings, it seems likely that we'll see
> more. Some of them will be very deserving. Some.
 <...>