Andreas Broeckmann on Fri, 10 Aug 2012 10:11:01 +0200 (CEST)

Re: <nettime> Fwd: e-flux's vision for the .art domain

john, folks, just to clarify:

i forwarded the e-flux announcement to the nettime list to contribute
to the ongoing discussion about the topic; i share john's critique of
e-flux (and some of these people have names that are well-known in the
art world) posing as a community initiative when what they do is run
a business that, in a way that is as curious as it is problematic,
mixes financial, social and artistic interests. (coming to think of
it: maybe this situation is a good opportunity to ask our community
leaders at e-flux about our community's financial situation? ;-)

however, if there is any real benefit to be gained from running the
.art domain, it may well be that e-flux might still be easier to
talk to by people from the art scenes, than other candidates for the
TLD might be. i'm guessing and am not really too interested because,
somewhat like olia, i believe that the .art addresses will mostly be
in the .kitsch domain.

regards,
-a