Keith Hart on Mon, 16 Jul 2012 21:45:41 +0200 (CEST)

Re: <nettime> Foretaste of the armies of global finance (was: Naomi Wolf, etc.)

Jeez, Patrice, this stuff is amazing. The armies of global finance will be
put on show for the first time in London. No wonder the Tories aren't
worried about torpedoing the coalition. Electoral politics? Forget it. K

On Mon, Jul 16, 2012 at 4:27 PM, Patrice Riemens <patrice@xs4all.nl> wrote:

> > As Keith says, this has been going on since October 27, 1986, when the
> > City of London was essentially offshored and screen-based trading began.
> > Since then, the huge troves of money and expertise concentrated by the
> > financial sectors of each country and region have reshaped practically
> > all aspects of government, to the point where today, citizens confront
> > what appears to be the police (and perhaps tomorrow the armies?) of
> > finance. The potential for a shift from creeping to full-blown fascism
> > is sobering. We are changing to a new era, not through the abrogation of
> > neoliberalism but through its logical culmination. The next few years
> > will be decisive - but of what, remains yet unknown.
> >
> > BH
>
> A nice gallery of picture is provided by the Daily Mail. Go have beer &
> then some if you believe these have solely to do with the Olympics ...
>
> http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2173122/Royal-Navys-largest-warship-sails-Thames-armed-forces-strength-Olympics.html
>
> (http://bit.ly/MnzooM)
 <...>