Keith Hart on Mon, 16 Jul 2012 03:26:08 +0200 (CEST)

Re: <nettime> Naomi Wolf: This global financial fraud and its gatekeepers (Guardian)

Of course fraud is systemic. The British, having lost a colonial empire,
created an illegal financial empire based on the City of London and run
through dependencies like the Cayman islands, Jersey, Hong Kong etc. The US
was forced to retaliate by setting up its own offshore system at home
(Delaware, Wyoming etc).In September I am giving a keynote at a conference
of Italy's Institute of Public Economists, "Corruption, tax havens and th
einformal economy". My title is "The informalisation of the world economy"
which is probably too polite. Nick Shaxson has a more direct description in
his brilliant Treasure Islands: tax havens and the men who stole the world.
Keith