Murray Simpson on Sat, 16 Jun 2012 14:46:47 +0200 (CEST)

Re: <nettime> Nightmare or Opening? the Soros perspective

And as historian Harold Perkin noted, most of the people we now refer to
as 'capitalists' make most of their money from hugely inflated salaries.
Whilst they may own shares, their control of capital lies in their
'control' of public companies, rather than in their direct 'ownership' of
them.

On 16/06/2012 10:58, "brian.holmes@aliceadsl.fr"
<brian.holmes@aliceadsl.fr> wrote:

>Marx's class
>analysis needs to be refurbished for our purposes. He took it from
>Ricardo's refinement of classical political economy: three classes
>landlords, capitalists and workers, each with property in one of the three
>things that matter: land (nature), capital (money or society, says
>Polanyi)
>and labour (humanity). To which Marx adds machines as the hitherto
>unrecognized element.
 <...>