A.J. Keen on Sun, 11 Mar 2012 12:13:59 +0100 (CET)

<nettime> Digital Vertigo update

Hello Everyone,

A quick update on my appearance at South By South West this coming Saturday (March 10) at 9.30 am in Ballroom G of the Austin Convention Center. This will be my very first public reading of the book and, if you are going to SXSW, I hope you'll come to hear me. I'll also be available after the reading for press interviews.

And don't worry if you can't make it. My US publisher, St Martins Press, is running a sweepstakes which is not only giving away 100 copies of the e-book but is also featuring its first two chapters. So please read and then tell me what you think.

Early responses to the book have been amazing. Nicholas Carr noted that I've "found the off switch for Silicon Valley's reality distortion field". Sir Martin Sorrell said that "Digital Vertigo may be one of the few books on the subject that, twenty years from now, will be seen to have got it right." Peter Bale, CNN International's GM of Digital, described it as "part-William Gibson and part-Christopher Hitchens", while Sherry Turkle called it a "bracing read... that clarifies and enlightens." For other early reviews, as well as an overview of the book, please go here.

Digital Vertigo is released both in the US and UK on May 22 and I've already got a very busy schedule of speeches and media appearances planned for late May, June and July. So if you do want me to speak about the book over the summer, please let me know as soon as possible.

I hope to see you bright and early on Saturday morning in Austin.

v. best,

Andrew

dd.