Margaret Morse on Fri, 10 Feb 2012 22:18:18 +0100 (CET)

Re: <nettime> Sex Work and Consent at @transmediale

Dear Andreas,

I might get your point, but I am not sure. Is it that regularizing sex
work as a service to society rather than seeing it solely in terms of
a master-slave relationship has a limit--pain, physical and mental?
One thing that I am sure is painful about sex work for the sex worker
is the stigma connected with it. Another thing might be the damage
of so many partners--simply physical wear and tear or in exposure to
disease and STDs.

Your last sentence leaves out the consensual in a way that is over my
head. How can one have an exchange, intrinsically and by definition,
without consent? your puzzled reader.

MM