Newmedia on Sat, 14 Jan 2012 16:38:27 +0100 (CET)

Re: <nettime> A Movement Without Demands?

Brian:

Thanks -- very lucid indeed!

> I said before that we need to search for core principles,
> but I should have added: and for the process to embody
> them and give them voice.

As you search for principles and process, how "radical" are you talking
here?

1900s radical (Lenin/Trotsky/Luxemburg)?  1800s radical (Young  Hegelians)?
 1700s radical (Fable of the Bees)?

Earlier?  John Calvin radical?  Or, Leonardo Ds Vinci  radical?

Which "system" are you *revolting* against?  What are its roots?   How far
back do you need to go to uproot this simulation of our consensus?

Are you talking about a *new* Protestantism?  Or are you talking about  a
*new* Renaissance?  Or both or neither?

Is there a difference?  Does it matter?

Douglas Rushkoff talks about obsolete "operating systems" that no longer
function -- since we are among the "educated" what does the history of these
operating systems teach us?

Mark Stahlman
Brooklyn NY

In a message dated 1/13/2012 6:53:19 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,