Newmedia on Tue, 22 Nov 2011 19:32:49 +0100 (CET)

Re: <nettime> Debt Campaign Launch

Martha:

Living "outside" the LAW means DROPPING *out* of the "system" of
WAGE-SLAVERY -- which is the basis of going to college (where little productive  is
learned) in order to get your "ticket" to the RAT RACE.

Why do you need a college degree other than satisfying the "rules" put in
place by the FACTORY where you are planning to go become another SLAVE?

The college-loan debt burden you take on is just another bill you are
expected to pay, along with the credit-card and mortgage debts -- bills that
*require* you to have a JOB in the "system" . . . as a *slave*!!

Being "honest" (which is the more important part of the lyric) means being
an INTELLIGENT and MORAL person, which are both needed to be PRODUCTIVE --
for yourself and the people who matter to you.

As many have pointed out, Bill Gates, Steve Jobs and Marc Zuckerberg do NOT
 have college degrees -- not that I'd wish their lives on any of the
"innocent" people on this list.

Did Gates, Jobs and Zuckerberg accomplish what they did by being  "honest"?
 For the first two, which I happen to know personally, the  answer is no,
they did not.  And, from what I've heard, neither has  Marc.

Why did these people "lie, cheat and steal" to get to their exalted
positions?  At the risk of sounding naive, the answer is because they  JOINED the
SYSTEM!

You want to lead a GOOD life where you don't need to SCREW your  friends?
Then JUST DO IT -- but understand that you'll have to "live  outside the
law" (of wage-slavery)!!

I've been called a "Futurist" by Forbes magazine (and a  few others) --
which qualifies me to say something simple . . . the FUTURE  has already
happened.

If you really imagine that it is worth your time to push for "radical
change to the system we all live under," then you are living in the PAST.   No
one has ever accomplished this and EVERYONE who is *honest* knows that.

The FUTURE (which is now) is already taking place and it is *not* DEMANDING
 that the *system* change but instead building an alternative -- one
*productive*  life at a time.

(Will someone please cue-up the *rant* from Peter Lamborn Wilson, who I
first met in Ljubljana at the last-ever nettime "conference," about all the
RADICALS who just talk and never actually BUILD anything! <g>)

Start a COOP.  Build a GUILD.  Help somebody.  Help  yourself.

Get a LIFE -- which, as my business partner Douglas Rushkoff says, doesn't
involve the INCORPORATED -- perhaps why his system-explaining book "Life,
Inc."  was a "best-seller" in Zuccotti Park.

Mark Stahlman
Brooklyn NY

In a message dated 11/22/2011 9:50:53 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,