carl guderian on Tue, 7 Jun 2011 04:55:56 +0200 (CEST)

Re: <nettime> Lies Inc. in the UK

Atrocity Exhibition! I'm *so* stealing that. (Though it was the Hungarian pavilion that hosted Crash.) The Italian pavilion was indeed chaotic and chock-a-block, some good work crowded out by a lot of crap maybe born of promises made at a Bunga Bunga party. I liked a piece consisting of a circle of kitchen knives on a red background; it reminded me of the movie poster for Dario Argento's stabby 1970s epic "The Bird With The Crystal Plumage."

Bringing a 1970s mindset to the pavilion couldn't hurt. Think of it as a 1970s hallucination scene, like from "Puppet On a Chain," with someone playing around with an anamorphic lens and scary music from Piero Piccione in the background...

Back in the present, Berlusconi's coalition took a pasting last week in mayoral elections, losing *Milan*!

This is the way, step inside...