Franco Mattes on Sun, 5 Jun 2011 03:48:25 +0200 (CEST)

<nettime> Lies Inc. in the UK

YES, we refused the invitation to participate in the Italian Pavilion at the Venice Biennale, due to its ludicrous organization.

NO, we’re not wasting time here. Please join us for a fear and loathing week in Sheffield, UK. On the 9th our first solo show in the UK opens at Site Gallery. The exhibition is called “Lies Inc.” and includes recent online performances such as No Fun (an intervention into an online video chatroom), Freedom (where we enter a multi-user online war game and beg not to be shot), Catt (an online meme turned into an art prank) and many surprises...

After the opening we’ll all go experiment the mysteries of nuclear energy in an abandoned factory with Plan C’s amusement ride, developed out of an undercover research trip to Chernobyl and the beta-preview of “Let Them Believe”, the short film Todd Chandler and Jeff Stark shot during the trip.

On June 8th we’ll be in conversation with some of our favorite artists & companions: legendary performer Bill Drummond, pranksters IOCOSE and Paolo Cirio, net artist Rafael Rozendaal and Plan C co-conspirator Ryan Doyle.

Details here: http://sitegallery.org/archives/3436

God Save the Queen!

0100101110101101.ORG