Goran Maric on Tue, 8 Mar 2011 18:04:57 +0100 (CET)

Re: <nettime> " ... feeling powerless to

To nettimers and the rest, especially here in the U.S.

Yes, Michael B., I also feel powerless and do not know what and how to act.
It is not easy to be intelligent when faced with real and or projected
fears of "sweet coercive" measures from our "government for the people,"
that one can face, here, in the country of brave, the country of free.

This might've sounded too sarcastic, but it should.

Anyhow, I am sending down bellow some information I received by e-mail from
Students for a Democratic Society, "a radical, multi-issue student and
youth organization working to build "power in our schools and communities."
It was forwarded by SDS from Committee to Stop FBI Repression.

Also on the link bellow one will be redirected to "The Open Letter from Professors and Academics that was initiated
by Students for a Democratic Societ."
http://www.stopfbi.net/petition/professors-and-academics

These are some of the least things one can do, I believe...

Best,
gORAN

Committee to Stop FBI Repression
NATIONAL CALL-IN DAY
to Fitzgerald, Holder and Obama
Tuesday, March 8, 2011

The Grand Jury is still on its witch hunt and the FBI is still harassing activists. This must stop.
Please make these calls:
1. Call U.S. Attorney Patrick Fitzgerald at 312-353-5300. Then dial 0 (zero) for operator and ask to leave
    a message with the Duty Clerk.
2. Call U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder 202-353-1555
3. Call President Obama at 202-456-1111

Suggested text: ?My name is __________, I am from _______(city), in ______(state). I am calling _____ to demand
he call off the Grand Jury and stop FBI repression against the anti-war and Palestine solidarity movements.
I oppose U.S. government political repression and support the right to free speech and the right to assembly of
the 23 activists subpoenaed. We will not be criminalized. Tell him to stop this McCarthy-type witch hunt against
international solidarity activists!?

If your call doesn?t go through, try again later.

Update: 800 anti-war and international solidarity activists participated in four regional conferences, in Chicago, IL;
Oakland, CA; Chapel Hill, NC and New York City to stop U.S. Attorney Patrick Fitzgerald?s Grand Jury repression.

Still, in the last few weeks, the FBI has continued to call and harass anti-war organizers, repressing free speech
and the right to organize. However, all of their intimidation tactics are bringing a movement closer together to stop
war and demand peace.

We demand:
-- Call Off the Grand Jury Witch-hunt Against International Solidarity Activists!
 -- Support Free Speech!
 -- Support the Right to Organize!
 -- Stop FBI Repression!
 -- International Solidarity Is Not a Crime!
 -- Stop the Criminalization of Arab and Muslim Communities!

Background: Fitzgerald ordered FBI raids on anti-war and solidarity activists' homes and subpoenaed fourteen activists in
Chicago, Minneapolis, and Michigan on September 24, 2010. All 14 refused to speak before the Grand Jury in October.
Then, 9 more Palestine solidarity activists, most Arab-Americans, were subpoenaed to appear at the Grand Jury on January 25, 2011,
launching renewed protests. There are now 23 who assert their right to not participate in Fitzgerald?s witch-hunt.

The Grand Jury is a secret and closed inquisition, with no judge, and no press. The U.S. Attorney controls the entire proceedings
and hand picks the jurors, and the solidarity activists are not allowed a lawyer. Even the date when the Grand Jury ends is a secret.

So please make these calls to those in charge of the repression aimed against anti-war leaders and the growing Palestine solidarity movement.
Email us to let us know your results. Send to info@StopFBI.net

**Please sign and circulate our 2011 petition at http://www.stopfbi.net/petition

In Struggle,
Tom Burke,
for the Committee to Stop FBI Repression
FFI: Visit www.StopFBI.net or email info@StopFBI.net or call 612-379-3585

follow on Twitter | friend on Facebook | forward to a friend
Copyright ? 2011 Committee to Stop FBI Repression, All rights reserved.
Thanks for your ongoing interest in the fight against FBI repression. As you can see, we have moved to a new format for our Listserv.
Our mailing address is:
Committee to Stop FBI Repression
PO Box 14183
Minneapolis, MN 55415