Karin Spaink on Thu, 6 Jan 2011 19:36:13 +0100 (CET)

Re: <nettime> Leaked material as evidence in court cases

On Jan 6, 2011, at 16:45 , Felix Stalder wrote:

> This little snippet from The Guardian [1] indicates that the  material
> is, indeed, making its way into the court system as *evidence* of sorts.

There's been this, too, from Sept. 2010: "Nation national security
correspondent Jeremy Scahill today testified before the House
Judiciary Committee on the US's shadow wars in Pakistan, Yemen, and
elsewhere."

Scahill had published before and was fiercely attacked; now he could
back up every disputed point he had made his stories, using the War
Logs.

http://www.thenation.com/blog/156977/jeremy-scahill-testifies-congress-americas-secret-wars

- K -

--
Xev: You are a machine. We are human. And we have beaten you!
Mantrid: Ha. Ha. Ha.