Keith Sanborn on Tue, 21 Dec 2010 17:01:33 +0100 (CET)

Re: <nettime> P2P Gift Credit Cards - Gift Finance. Press Release.

With all due respect, this sounds like a Ponzi scheme wrapped in social rhetoric. I have heard it done among some women I know where the model of the gift economy and warm fuzzy feminist sisterly sharing was used to bilk people. Needless to say, few were "re-gifted."  Here the booty is your email address or phone number. It's a bit like Walmart trying to entice you to their website with what amounts to a lottery.

More details please, before I click on any link.

Keith Sanborn

On Dec 21, 2010, at 2:52 AM, Paolo Cirio <info@paolocirio.net> wrote:

> Press Release, 20 December 2010. London.
>
> P2P Gift Credit Cards - Gift Finance.
> http://P2PGiftCredit.com
>
> This project proposes an alternative economy based on Peer-to-Peer
> architecture for a more equal sharing of wealth in society. It offers
> an innovative participative system using counterfeit virtual money.
 <...>