Antonio A. Casilli on Wed, 20 Oct 2010 11:30:37 +0200 (CEST)

<nettime> A History of Virulence: The Body and Computer Culture in the 1980s

Dear all,

for those of you who study hacker cultures - but also for those who are
interested in computer viruses - but also for those who work on the
history of mediactivism: I have just put online my author's cut version of
a 36-page essay to be published in the Dec 2010 issue of the journal Body
& Society 16 (4).

You can find it here:

A History of Virulence: The Body and Computer Culture in the 1980s (part 1)
http://www.bodyspacesociety.eu/2010/10/15/a-history-of-virulence-the-body-and-computer-culture-in-the-1980s-part-1-2/

A History of Virulence: The Body and Computer Culture in the 1980s (part 2
? with illustrations and references)
http://www.bodyspacesociety.eu/2010/10/18/a-history-of-virulence-the-body-and-computer-culture-in-the-1980s-part-2-with-illustrations/

Cheers,
Antonio