Ayhan on Thu, 30 Sep 2010 11:36:01 +0200 (CEST)

Re: <nettime> The Danish Cartoon Affair - how and why it all began

Carsten,
Thank you for posting this. But I don't think it was only Danish complacency
and arrogance but the lack of historical perspective in the whole Europe
that fed the popular and intellectual support for this nonsense. I still can
not fathom how the example of Der Sturmer caricatures could be forgotten
within such a short period of time.
http://www.calvin.edu/academic/cas/gpa/sturm28.htm

Ayhan Aytes

Ph.D. Candidate
University of California San Diego
Department of Communication

On Sat, Sep 25, 2010 at 4:10 AM, Carsten Agger <agger@c.dk> wrote:

> Or, how Danish arrogance and complacency towards the extreme right
> succeeded in making the world a more dangerous place to live:
>
> (http://counterpunch.org/larsen09242010.html or
> http://www.panhumanism.com/articles/2010-01.php)
>

> THE DANISH CARTOON AFFAIR

<....>