John Hopkins on Mon, 2 Aug 2010 10:53:12 +0200 (CEST)

Re: <nettime> Blocking a website: Worse than torture?

> Why do people continue to be shocked that the most repressive
> governments are not afraid of websites and their operators?

well, for that matter, why no wikileaks from the Taliban and the
Pakistani ISI, aren't they worthy of having brutal local (or even
global) aspirations to control, kill, or maim other human beings?

why none from China?

The fact that wikileaks can't find any from those places simply
accentuates the dying weakness of the US system, it doesn't need
wikileaks to collapse from its own weight, and indeed in taking
credit for the same by wikileaks is buffoonery amplified by their
collaboration with spectacle-producing main-stream media corps(es)...

I don't get the obsession with one set of killers and not another.
Doesn't killing cross all boundaries? What if leaked info gets someone
(just one!) killed? Collateral damage? Who is guilty of what?

jh