patrick lichty on Sat, 26 Jun 2010 12:32:04 +0200 (CEST)

Re: <nettime> The Slow Media Manifesto

Although this is a fairly short note, I believe that this is germane to Trebor Scholz' notes on Constant Partial Attention Disorder

http://www.collectivate.net/journalisms/2007/3/16/the-good-and-bad-of-technology-once-and-for-all.html

I feel that there is a confluence of noise that is getting remarked upon afgain and again, that seems to try to be remedied with things like aggregators, etc, and in the end, i think that the real solution is to just prune out the uinnecessary or focus on as little as you have to.  It's dangeroud for many artists who feel that they have to be addicted tot he produc tion model, but in short, I think to think tactically is better in the first place.